I was so excited last week to finish a blanket I’d been working on for a while. I also managed to do some lettering practice, painting, and started another crochet scarf. Not too bad for another busy week around here!
Starting the last row of this Crazy Love Ripples blanket! I didn’t have a pattern, but that’s what I’m calling it. I had friends and family pick yarn, and I created this crazy afghan as a result!
And now she is finished! I love how she turned out. A few more details on how I made this – I started and ended with “my” color – the light turquoise color. I would do two stripes from friend/family provided yarn, and then do another of mine. I picked a ripple pattern out of one of my stitch dictionaries, and worked that. Unfortunately, I don’t remember right off which one. Each stripe is two rows, with the first row in the back loop only to make it stand out a bit when you look at the blanket from the right side.
View this post on Instagram
Today was a painting experiment prompted by a book from the library. The idea was to pour the paint. The right paper is my poured piece, and the left I pressed another piece of paper into the drips leftover. This was fun and messy. A bit of a change from my usual watercolors! #createdaily #acrylicpainting
I actually got the paint out this week! And it wasn’t my normal watercolors! I checked out Just Paint It (affiliate link) by Sam Piyasena and Beverly Philp from the library, and the first project was to create a piece by pouring paint. I used watercolor paper, and the only acrylic paint I had on hand was craft paint, so that’s what I used. I did water it down a bit, and in some cases too much. It was a good practice, though! I had enough drips from the pouring, that I decided to use the drips to cover another piece of watercolor paper. Now I have two fun backgrounds to use for something else! As soon as I figure out what that may be…
I wrote up a scarf pattern last month, but the yarn I had used has been discontinued. I thought I would try the pattern using something more easily found, so I started this scarf using some Lionbrand Homespun.
Saturday I made a bit more progress on this homespun scarf. It looks less like Raspberries in this yarn texture and color, but it is still working up very nicely. This one may end up being a cowl instead of a full scarf, but we will see.