What I worked on 2/13/17 – 2/26/17

Wait, two weeks? What? Yeah, last week I was sick and didn’t get this post up. No fear of this post getting too long, though, because I didn’t really work on anything either! Thankfully I’m starting to feel more and more like myself, and I can jump back into living life instead of just holding the couch or bed down! I’ve included the Bible journaling pages I’ve done as well, so some days there may be two or three photos to represent! Maybe that makes up for all of the days where there were none when I was sick.

I really wasn’t going to share all of my Bible journaling prompts here, but there are so many that I’m pretty happy with, so a lot will show up in this round up. This challenge is giving me lots of opportunity to practice my lettering skills, and I’m enjoying that quite a bit! I did two this one day to try to catch up.

This blanket is pretty much been the only thing I’ve worked on and counted for my #createdaily hashtag the past couple of weeks.

I seriously had too much fun with these watercolor hearts!

The blanket continues to grow! I’m loving how the cross pattern is coming out.

I was really hoping to finish this blanket by the end of that week, so I started carrying it with me everywhere. The next several blanket posts were taken in various locations as I worked feverishly to finish.

Watercolor galaxies have been pretty intimidating to me, but I’m pretty happy with how this one turned out!

This lion was pretty fun, too. I traced the lion image provided as part of the challenge, and then had fun watercoloring him in. I wish I had some masking fluid before I started on him. I need to add that to my arty wishlist.

A little library crochet? Sure!

Now the blanket is growing, but the yarn ball seemingly never shrinks!

This was in the car as I should have been finishing. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to finish in time. Thankfully I just missed the baby shower, but have a few more weeks before the baby will be here!

Look how lovely the cross is, even as the square grows!

Ha, this is getting boring now. I need a new project to keep things interesting! But, also, I need to finish this…

Fast forward a week where I did nothing, and I’ve picked this blanket back up last night. Here’s hoping it will be done soon! Maybe some Netflix marathons are in order as I continue to recuperate!

What I worked on 1/23/17-1/30/17

I was so excited last week to finish a blanket I’d been working on for a while. I also managed to do some lettering practice, painting, and started another crochet scarf. Not too bad for another busy week around here!

Starting the last row of this Crazy Love Ripples blanket! I didn’t have a pattern, but that’s what I’m calling it. I had friends and family pick yarn, and I created this crazy afghan as a result!

And now she is finished! I love how she turned out. A few more details on how I made this – I started and ended with “my” color – the light turquoise color. I would do two stripes from friend/family provided yarn, and then do another of mine. I picked a ripple pattern out of one of my stitch dictionaries, and worked that. Unfortunately, I don’t remember right off which one. Each stripe is two rows, with the first row in the back loop only to make it stand out a bit when you look at the blanket from the right side.

I finished the Motivational Lettering Practice Sheets from Dawn Nicole Designs. Now I need to go back and focus on some beginner sheets. 🙂

I actually got the paint out this week! And it wasn’t my normal watercolors! I checked out Just Paint It (affiliate link) by Sam Piyasena and Beverly Philp from the library, and the first project was to create a piece by pouring paint. I used watercolor paper, and the only acrylic paint I had on hand was craft paint, so that’s what I used. I did water it down a bit, and in some cases too much. It was a good practice, though! I had enough drips from the pouring, that I decided to use the drips to cover another piece of watercolor paper. Now I have two fun backgrounds to use for something else! As soon as I figure out what that may be…

I wrote up a scarf pattern last month, but the yarn I had used has been discontinued. I thought I would try the pattern using something more easily found, so I started this scarf using some Lionbrand Homespun.

Saturday I made a bit more progress on this homespun scarf. It looks less like Raspberries in this yarn texture and color, but it is still working up very nicely. This one may end up being a cowl instead of a full scarf, but we will see.