momentum lost

Uh, hm. I’ve lost my momentum. I’ve run out of things to talk about on here? Well at least as often as I was talking anyway. I’ll still leave any updates here. Right now, there’s not much to update. I go in on Monday morning for ultrasound and bloodwork to see how I responded to the femara this go round and to see if I’m about to ovulate on my own or not, or even if I’ve already ovulated (that was the case last month)!

On another note, Rick had lasik done this week. He’s recovering very well. Maybe I’ll build up enough courage to do that myself one day.

CD3 update

Prayer for Doctors and Nurses
Sanctify, O Lord, those whom you have called to the study and practice of the arts of healing, and to the prevention of disease and pain. Strengthen them by your life-giving Spirit, that by their ministries the health of the community may be promoted and your creation glorified; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

source: Book of Common Prayer 1979 (from Beliefnet Prayer of the day, last week).

I thought that prayer was appropriate.

Yep. Same protocol as last month. I’ll take the femara for the next 5 days (today included). I’ll go in for more bloodwork and ultrasound on the 22nd!

Now we have to start thinking how quickly we want to get more aggressive with our treatment. This will either be the last, or next to the last femara+timed intercourse cycle before moving onto IUI. When we move onto IUI, we will have to start thinking about whether we want to do IUI+femara or IUI+injectables. Injectables would increase our odds of conceiving. I think it would also increase our odds of twins, though the RE didn’t talk about that today. We budgeted enough to do 3 IUI cycles this calendar year. So I’m sort of tempted to not do all 3 with femara. So I’m considering getting more aggressive quicker. Maybe do 1 IUI+femara and the other two with injectables if needed. I don’t know. It will take a lot of thought, prayer, and discussion between the two of us to figure out what we want to do. Hopefully, we won’t need to make that choice. Of course, we hope that this month’s protocol will get us to our goal!

 

 

And the process starts again…

Today is CD1. I will go in Friday at 8:15 for my CD3 ultrasound and bloodwork. There I will be told if it is ok to take the Femara, and if so I’ll take it CD3-7 most likely, but I suppose that could change. Then I’ll go in on CD11 or 12 for another ultrasound to see how I responded to the drugs, plus more bloodwork to see if I’m about to ovulate. If I’m not, then I’ll get a prescription for an HCG trigger shot that will cause me to ovulate within some time period (a couple of days, I think? not had to do that before, so unsure). After ovulation, whether induced or not, I will then wait for two weeks, if no period I will go in for a blood test to see if I am pregnant. If my period comes, then we repeat this process. We only have a couple more of these before moving onto IUI combined with the femara. There comes a point when I start to feel a little bit like a pin cushion.

I have this great fear of needles. When I was younger (say probably teenaged) I was told that when I am pregnant, I will get over my fear of needles. Plus, I will lose all modesty. Guess what? Both of these things get fast-tracked when you go through infertility. Case in point, I got more vials of blood taken on my first day at the RE’s office than the prenatal screening requires. So there’s the needle fear being faced. For modesty, well, I’ll spare that detail, but the pregnant women who read this blog know what I’m talking about with the ultrasounds… Not to mention procedures like the HSG.

Anyway, all is basically good around here. New cycle, a fresh start, another chance to see if we can make everything line up just so in order to create life.

temp is still on its way down

I’m guessing that this cycle is just about over. My BBT did not shoot back up as I’d hoped it would. My guess right now is that tomorrow it will drop further and tomorrow will be CD1, with a slight chance for today to be CD1. I think the chances of pregnancy are probably not good though. It’s still possible, but getting less and less so. I’ll keep everyone updated as time goes by.

Not much to update

No change in status as of yet. My temp dropped. That could be a sign of the impending end. But maybe not? You can see on the second chart on the page that about 12dpo my temp dipped in October (when I was pregnant) too and shot back up the next day. I spotted a bit this morning, and in October I spotted a lot more. So really, if my temp drops more tomorrow, then it’s probably over. If it goes back up, we can hope again. Today, we’re in limbo. I probably won’t call for a beta until Wednesday. I don’t really have any symptoms, so I can’t say I expect to see two pink lines. But really, it is too early right now to really know anything. I have to learn to be patient!