The Holiday issue of Crochet Today had this really cute garland in it! I had some cheap sock yarn in my stash that was perfect!
Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough of the multi-colored sock yarn. So I improvised and did some plain green ones too.
Plus one that used up the multi-colored yarn with a green topper.
Then I ran out of green, so I had to do the chain with some red I had laying around.
I just love projects that use up random bits of yarn that are laying around in my stash. 🙂 And I think the trees look so cheery on the bar. Next year I may put it over the window next to our tree.
For some reason, I love projects that involve making something new out of something older. If you look at my delicious links, many of those are refashioning, recycling, upcycling, whatever you want to call it type links. I rarely take the time to do any of them, though. But this week, I did! I followed this tutorial for turning a turtleneck sweater into a cardigan. It was really easy and quick too! I wish I had a before picture, but it was really just a basic turtleneck sweater. There were no major problems with it. It shrunk a bit (I’m sure it is that and not any other reason it could be tight :)), and the turtleneck part was a bit itchy since it had some component of natural fibers in it. Anyway, I followed the tutorial and ended up with this:
Shh… don’t tell anybody that my “button” today was a scrapbooking brad. 🙂
I just did a simple crocheted shell border around the raw edges.
I may have to refashion more of my old sweaters! Instant gratification type project, that’s for sure!
Remember this? It’s finished!
My original plan was to mod podge the turquoise paper onto it. That proved to be too big of a job for mod podge, so I ended up buying some paint in a really pretty, similar color! I also had some scrapbook paper from Michael’s, but since it was going under glass, no mod podge was needed! So now I need to find another use for all of the mod podge I bought. I think I can do it! 🙂 I love how this desk turned out! Unfortunately, the desk wouldn’t fit through the door to the craft room without taking the hinges off. So instead of being in the craft room, it is currently going to hang out in the rec room right outside of the craft room.
A teaser of a project coming soon to a blog near you! I hope it actually works out. ;).
I was in Target a couple of weeks ago (as if anyone is shocked by this revelation) and found the Liberty of London stuff was on clearance! I scored a set of bowls and a canister and decided that they would work perfectly for organizing my sink. I also walked by an endcap with wall decals that I thought coordinated nicely with the bowl set and they were on sale, so I grabbed those too.
Here’s the before pictures:
I loved the results! After:
This was an easy, quick makeover. Now I just have to find something similar and less girly to organize Rick’s sink. I’m still on the lookout for something. I’ve yet to find exactly what I’m looking for. It’d help if I knew what that was, but I’m sure I’ll know it when I see it!
Expect more of these posts as we work to make this new house our own.